Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need just a small help in AT Commands of sending sms

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know you don't need to wait for echo before sending any character...you can even disable phone echo with ATE0 command. You will only receive an "OK" answer after sending a complete command (which must be finished with CR LF pair). If the command is not recognized you will get nothing or an error message.

Ric

ric_vas said:
As far as I know you don't need to wait for echo before sending any character...you can even disable phone echo with ATE0 command. You will only receive an "OK" answer after sending a complete command (which must be finished with CR LF pair). If the command is not recognized you will get nothing or an error message.

Ric

can you explain it more please? what CR LF Pair?
Say i want to dial so what do i have to send?
ATD0127056144;
so how do i finish with that CR LF?

Thanks in advance

These are characters you have to send after each command. Their meaning are:

CR = carriage return (hex value 0x0D)
LF = Line feed (hex value 0x0A)

If you were programming in C the command you mention would be:

printf("ATD0127056144;\r\n");

The \r\n in C is the CR LF pair. If you are using Assembly just send 0x0D and 0x0A (this is equivalent to the ENTER key when you're using HyperTerminal).

Ric

Mr Ric
Thanks alot for your help.I am using assembly language of Atmel "AT89S52",and i was sending only 0DH without 0A.
So as i think you suggest me to do as follows:
1)sending ATE0 followed by 0DH then 0AH.
2)sending ATD0127056144; followed by 0DH then 0AH.
am i right then?
if not just tell me the correct assembly code from your point of view to do the dial.

Just a small note:i thought that i have to send 0DH only as the return key ascii code,so you say both"0DH" and "0AH" are required as the equivalent of "return key" of the keyboard,right?
and if so does it mean that each AT Command must be followed by them i mean by 0DH and 0AH?
Is the order important,0DH then 0AH or no?
Thanks alot.

To be honest with you I'm not a 100% sure if you need both. I've using this for a while and endup geeting used to send the pair. As per my experience you example are fine.

Ruc

thank you
so do you really made the interface between a mobile phone and micro controller atmel?
if so i'd like you to share me your experience please as i really tried alot and faced problems in hardware and in assemply code,but i still trying

thanks
if so ,i mean if you made the interface i'd like you to give me your e-mail if you don't mind so we can share thoughts
thanks

No. I didn't play with Atmel this time and it was not a mobile phone but a mobile module (like siemens MC35i). The AT protocol is pretty much the same and that's where I can try to help you.

Ric

Thank you alot
so i guess i'll try your recommends on code and see what happen

in need of serious help in sendin an sms

serious help needed in tryin to send an sms usin p89c51rd2.. .am interfacin a j210i sony ericsson make to it.i aint sure if this phone is at command compatible.
can someone post the assembly language code for the same.
plz plz plz.submission in 10 days!

Now i have to pause my project as we are having exams by now.so i'll resume it after exams and tell you what is habbening,and thank you alot for your help and i hope it really works.

serious help needed in tryin to send an sms usin p89c51rd2.. .am interfacin a j210i sony ericsson make to it.i aint sure if this phone is at command compatible.
can someone post the assembly language code for the same.
plz plz plz.submission in 10 days.

Hello All,I finished the Midterm exams.and now back to the project

I still have the problem i mentioned above even i used AVR Chip"ATmega" with the same problem no response from the Mobile,i tried another mobile from a friend "Siemens c35" it worked.
I don't know the problem and we have to work on the Ericcson T290 and unfortunatelly the Siemens c35 is not available in market these days.
Offcourse you know that Ericcson T290 supports the AT commands and i tried it in Hyperterminal and it worked.
Any Ideas or help?

Thanks in advance

ha_wasfy,...

Forget about the Siemens and Nokia phones. That's was an advice from a friend and I experienced it myself. We've tried several Nokia phones(6210,6610,6020,6070) and nothing of them worked. However, as soon as we connect the Ericsson T20, it worked perfectly.

So, my advice is to continue working with the Ericsson.

Mr Seadophine,but i don't know what to do now,i almost tried everything i tryied the serial cable and max232 and used the cut cable without the max232(i mean connecting the mobile pins directly to microcontroller) i reached the point i gave up hope using Atmel at89s52,then i tried to go on with AVR,and i saw with my eyes the Siemens c35 working with it,and yes the Ericcson should work but what's the problem?
this is what makes me feel hopless!!
i appreciate any ideas from you.
Thanks in advance

Added after 1 hours 53 minutes:

what i am thinking of is that maybe the GSM Modem its
self<i mean the internal modem of the Ericsson T290>needs some bias i.e. Vdd on some pin of the mobile.
Is this true or i am mistaken?
i am waiting for a help from experts on this field or anyone who can help...
Please i am waiting

Thanks in advance

Dear all
i asked a friend of mine he told me that i should send something before sending AT commands to the"Sony Ericsson T290" specially for the ericsson type but he told me that he doesn't remember what is it.
as i told you before i tried everything and the Mobile doesn't response to At commands via Microcontroller"AT89S52",and even AVR.

what should i do?
i read about the offline mode and online data mode and online command mode on the mobile data sheet is this related to the problem?

i also read this paragraph:-
"Configure the data communications program manually
To configure your data communications program manually:
1. Select a generic mobile phone modem driver from the list of available mobile phone modem drivers.
2. Set the Init string to AT&F
3. Set the optional setup string to Asynchronous RLP:
AT+CBST=0,0,1
Configure your facsimile communications program manually
To configure your facsimile communications program manually, select a Fax Class 2 driver. The built-in
modem supports Fax Class 1 facsimile which can be used if there are problems with the fax service or
speed of the computer, or if your fax application does not support Fax Class 2."

is it related to the problem???
i am really very confused and feel hopeless!

Please i am waiting for your help and replay

Thanks in advance

Hello there...i need a smal help.... i m connecting my mobile with with PC using serial cable... ihave also installed the drivers of the cable...and after making connection of hyper terminal with phone i m not able to see the commands i typed on the hyper terminal window...can any body tell me what is the problem...
thanks...

ha_wasfy said:
Mr Seadophine,but i don't know what to do now,i almost tried everything i tryied the serial cable and max232 and used the cut cable without the max232(i mean connecting the mobile pins directly to microcontroller) i reached the point i gave up hope using Atmel at89s52,then i tried to go on with AVR,and i saw with my eyes the Siemens c35 working with it,and yes the Ericcson should work but what's the problem?
this is what makes me feel hopless!!
i appreciate any ideas from you.
Thanks in advance

Added after 1 hours 53 minutes:

what i am thinking of is that maybe the GSM Modem its
self<i mean the internal modem of the Ericsson T290>needs some bias i.e. Vdd on some pin of the mobile.
Is this true or i am mistaken?
i am waiting for a help from experts on this field or anyone who can help...
Please i am waiting

Thanks in advance

Check the voltage levels: the gsm modem/phone have CMOS level, ie, 3.3V, the microcontrollers have TTL 5V level. You must search a way to interface that voltage levels.

For example:

PHONE <==> MAX3232 <==>MAX232 <==> Microcontroller
3.3V rs232 rs232 5V

Good Luck

for my frind how asked for hyperterminal command screen
after receiving OK response u should type ate1<cr>

Status
Not open for further replies.