Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need HFSS proffesionals in this topic ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedfhd1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys ,,

I'm totally new to HFSS. Two problems I hope that you help me with asap, please..

first is how to make a lumped port in a microstrip antenna that connects the patch to the ground, in details, ?

should I draw a rect. then define it as a port ?

second ..

is how to design a wilinson power divider for 5.8 GHz application? :-?

I would be thankful for one who helps me as fast as possible :smile: and who can provide me with HFSS simulation files or effecient examples on wilkinson for speciefic ...

thanks ,,

- - - Updated - - -

another question, is that when I'm going to connect the divider to the antennas should I define ports for every antenna or the output ports of the dividers is enough ?

I'll attach a photo for the antenna design in a minute -if ***** wills-

- - - Updated - - -

**broken link removed**

First you should always search this website for your question. Then after you find all the
info that has already been given, form a better question that has not been answered.

hi guys ,,

I'm totally new to HFSS. Two problems I hope that you help me with asap, please..

first is how to make a lumped port in a microstrip antenna that connects the patch to the ground, in details, ?

should I draw a rect. then define it as a port ?

second ..

is how to design a wilinson power divider for 5.8 GHz application? :-?

I would be thankful for one who helps me as fast as possible :smile: and who can provide me with HFSS simulation files or effecient examples on wilkinson for speciefic ...

thanks ,,

- - - Updated - - -

another question, is that when I'm going to connect the divider to the antennas should I define ports for every antenna or the output ports of the dividers is enough ?

I'll attach a photo for the antenna design in a minute -if ***** wills-

- - - Updated - - -

**broken link removed**

I read all the results associaated with this topic befor submmiting it ..

if you find this question's answer, please don't hesitate to tell me.

1. extend ustrip to edge then create a rectangle in XZ plane and assign waveport. de-embed to the point where you want your connection. See hfss help files for ports, deembedding, etc.
2. if you don't have microwave engineering book by david m. pozar, get it. has details on designing wilkenson divider, or check out microwaves101.com
3.I don't understand third question.

- - - Updated - - -

1. extend ustrip to edge then create a rectangle in XZ plane and assign waveport. de-embed to the point where you want your connection. See hfss help files for ports, deembedding, etc.
2. if you don't have microwave engineering book by david m. pozar, get it. has details on designing wilkenson divider, or check out microwaves101.com
3.I don't understand third question.

3. You want to connect two patch antennas with the help of a Wilkinson divider? You just define one port for the input of the Wilkinson and that's it. No ports on outputs of the Wilkinson nor on the inputs of the antennas. I hope this is clear enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back