Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with this charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

adewaledipo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
**broken link removed**

After designing this charger, it worked but the ferrite transformer was getting so hot.

My ferrite transformer winding is 27 turns primary and 6 turns secondary

Last edited by a moderator:

this seems quite a popular design.... it pops upi all the time on this forum.

which transformer are you talking about ? And which core & size are you using ? And why are your turns ratios different ?

this seems quite a popular design.... it pops upi all the time on this forum.

which transformer are you talking about ? And which core & size are you using ? And why are your turns ratios different ?

Thanks for your quick reply. I live in Nigeria and it is so hard for us here to get core sizes we want so I made do with one from a smps unit I bought here. I recoiled it to that spec so as to accommodate more stress. And I am using it to supply 12v dc. Pls advice. Thanks

Mr ade is it only the core that is heating up or with your mosfet?

Last edited:

This design suffers from the danger that if the two half of the secondary are not perfectly balance the difference in voltage will result in a a current flowing back through the smoothing capacitors (the 4 X 47000). this will result in dissipation in the transformer/diodes/capacitors.
Frank

Ok but I did not recoil the secondary transformer as in the circuit

I think you problem there could be from your transformer.

I finally pulled a transformer from an atx power pack and am in the process of getting it fully installed

The circuit is a popular design check the frequency for 60Khz if it is ok then Check Transformer

Pictures of the new design. Please comment. I have tested the circuit without the chopper transformer, everything works well. I am going to test it with the chopper tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.