Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in converting this 12vdc charger design to a 48vdc charger @ 30A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobishme

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
original circuit design is from this yt vid:
In the original video I cant seem to make the voltage limit part in my simulations so I just changed it to an op-amp comparator instead.

Attachments

• battery.png
    battery.png
    7 KB · Views: 84
  • circuit 1.png
    circuit 1.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 87
  • circuit 2.png
    circuit 2.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 94
  • transformer rectifier.png
    transformer rectifier.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 87

I don’t see a question…
sorry forgot to put it, my question would be if I would scale this charger circuit to fit the specification of a 48vdc @30A charger from the original 12vdc should I just change the transformer to a 220 to 54V-30A and change the resistor values? are there any other things that I should consider when converting the original design like the capacitors, transistors and diodes

There’s not a lot of information here. I’m not going to watch a video. What’s the original output current? If it’s also 30 amps, then you’re asking to quadruple the power. You’ll have to change more than a transformer and some resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.