Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have problem understanding how the IGBT gatedriver works

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGBT gate driver

My guess is that you can put this gate driver after a circuit that cannot provide enough voltage to switch the mosfet completely on.

Re: IGBT gate driver

Ok I have get it totally wrong :D the ref is when the input will be triggered as high and set the output high :D

How do I know what the fan3111 sends out then when the output is set to high I mean what voltage vill it give on the output pin :?:

libbresse said:
How do I know what the fan3111 sends out then when the output is set to high I mean what voltage vill it give on the output pin :?:
I tried to read the file, but it doesn't answer that.

My guess is that the output voltage might have an upper limit, but I'm not sure.

What about assembling your circuit and measure the output with a scope?

Output voltage will be VDD in case when IN+ is above the 2/3 VDD (cmos input ) , and the IN- is below that level. and VDD to GND can be max 18V and is connected to pin VDD.This is valid for FAN3111C. The difference in FAN3111E is that IN+ must be above Xref in order to have output at VDD. In all other cases OUT is AT GND level.

dragan: thank you for the input, now its clear how it works :D:D

Prototyp_V1.0: I did not have fan3111 in pspice so I could not simulate the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back