Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Humming from inductor(boost circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

switimira

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i solve this? the humming happens after a larger input voltage

This my circuit picture..can anyone help..tQ[/img]

Check the frequency. If the converter is pulse skipping it can cause the frequency to drop into the audible range.

thanks for the reply, after a few test. i found that when the inductor produce sound the output voltage will not increase..the output voltage become the same with the input voltage

Added after 4 minutes:

one more thing..how do i check the frequency? is it across the inductor?

Yes check the Frequency across the inductor. Also, share this with the chip manufacturer; they may have some helpful advice such as placing components closer to converter chip. Also some power and ground planes may be helpful in the efficiency of the design.

what converter chip are you using?

i use pic16f877 to produce PWM then to the gate driver IR2117 as a switching component. What is it a converter chip?

oh, i thought you may have been using a dc/dc converter chip to produce the pwm. in any case check the frequency across the inductor and I think you'll find that it is in the audible range.

thanks for the reply..:D, let say, if the frequency across the inductor is in audible range, how can i solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back