Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HSPICE] from schematic to netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go to www.linear.com to download SWIII(free edition), it's a very good software to generate spice netlist and consume little space.
Enjoy it.

In 2004, Synopsys have released Hspice-RF

But just in linux/unix version! also without waveform viewer!!!

I think SUE (Schematic User Environment) by MMI (Micro Magic Inc.)is somehow not so bad. Ofcourse this software is more for Logic Design, but it is open source and it exports .sp file.

Hi,

Does anyone know about the schematic user environment (sue) tool,post me the website or link or (how to get it) from where i can get it .
anyone working using the sue ,mail me.

many tools can do it

just choose the right schematic to generate the netlist

but you need do some modifications

Hi
U can use it for RF to an extent ..like S param models, lossy tx. models, field solver...

Thanks

Added after 9 minutes:

hi

u can it for RF to an extent. like S param models, lossy tx. lines, filed solver.

Thanks

rambus_ddr said:
ORCAD is very good, it can created *.sp, and do hspice simulation.

can you tell me how to generate .sp file from orcad?
i could not find it.
hock

fatbear said:
For windows OS, Workview Office has such tools -- viewdraw.
For Linux OS, IC50 (or 5033) is a good choice.

Yes. Workview is popular on windows.

However, there is a question.

Which symbol library should I use when drawing an operation amplifier built by nmos and pmos transistor?
I found some mos symbol in its lib actually.
But it seems that all of them are separate component instead of mos transistor used in analog integrated circuit?

S-edit (tanner)may be the best choice. available anywhere.

rambus_ddr said:
Hi, mario1980, i often use ORCAD,but i use it to create netlist and then use hspice to do simulation(not use Pspice). I think it is a very good method. And i also think the speed of Hspice on pc(P4 and large memory) is acceptable.

mario1980 said:
rambus_ddr, it's obvious that you haven't worked too much with Orcad Pspice. It is lousy. HSPICE for linux is far, far much better.

Hi Rambus,

Can you teach me the details on how you create netlist in pspice and simulate it in hspice? thank you

--andrew

dose any one knows a software which allows back annotation of hspice data (say bias points) on to the schematic?
Hock

Cadence Ic6.1 together with SimIF from Synopsys allows backannotation of hspice .op to schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back