Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HSPICE] from schematic to netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadence in PC version will be helpful

rambus_ddr, it's obvious that you haven't worked too much with Orcad Pspice. It is lousy. HSPICE for linux is far, far much better.

You can use Cadence, and set the simulator to 'Hspice'.

Hi,

1. Use a user friendly editor (GUI based) : Recommended is GVIM.
Cost - free
2. Use a Cadence IC software, with Virtuoso schematic editor for capturing ur schematics and then outputting the netlist in HSpice format.
Cost - extra license for HSpice option.
3. Use Tanner S-edit, the netlist generated here is compatible with HSpice format.
Cost - S-edit base cost.

if I were in ur position i could go in for 1st or 2nd option.

Thanks,
Gold_kiss

Workview,viewlogic

or PSPICE to create the schematic and then netlist.

what products does w0rkview release?
I find the software just called w0rkview office

Pspice is easy to use and find; viedraw have good function and not easy to use.
both of them can generate the hspice netlist ,and viedraw can embeded the hspice for simulator,
so view draw is best choice, and it can run in windos os .

Can somebody post a manuel of HSPICE?
By the way, is HSPICE useful in RF design?

Hspice Manual is to big to upload. You can get it by search the Web

HSPICE is very limit capability in RF simulation. I hear that there will be HSPICE RF coming out soon. Is there any info about it ?

You could use PSPICE & SPICEvision in windows with PC,or IC5141 in LINUX with PC.If you use wokstation, you could cadence ic5141.

You could use PSPICE & SPICEvision in windows with PC,or IC5141 in LINUX with PC.If you use wokstation, you could cadence ic5141.

hspice could have been used to design rfic with sige technology?

How to compile self model to be used in Hspice

Hi, mario1980, i often use ORCAD,but i use it to create netlist and then use hspice to do simulation(not use Pspice). I think it is a very good method. And i also think the speed of Hspice on pc(P4 and large memory) is acceptable.

mario1980 said:
rambus_ddr, it's obvious that you haven't worked too much with Orcad Pspice. It is lousy. HSPICE for linux is far, far much better.

rfic said:
How to compile self model to be used in Hspice

Not easy job. it take a few PhD and a few month to work on

it's right, OrCAD is lousy
for windows OS, ECS is a good and friendly schematic-entry tool
for unix based OS, cadence's analog tool is more popular
others are spicevision,........

Most of schematic editors can export standard spice netlist, such as ORCAD capture, composer, etc. You can export the spice netlist from these tools, then add stimulus sources and analysis options to the netlist, and run it by hspice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back