Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how would you know at what frequency to operate your motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm tasked to make a control system for a linear motor. and so i've looked at the data sheets of the linear motor but can't seem to find any information about at what frequency to operate the motor (frequency of the commutation waveforms)...

i do remember reading somewhere that the motor acts as a low-pass filter. the data sheets show that the ratio R/L is constant for all variants of one type of motor. and i read about passive integrator circuits that the cut-off frequency is 2pif=R/L...

so my question is...would it be correct if I assume that the maximum operating frequency of the motor i'm using would be the cut-off frequency of the RL motor?i'm sorry, if my question is kind of vague, please let me know so i can try to re-phrase it.

thank you.:)

Re: how would you know at what frequency to operate your mot

*cru* *cru* *cruuuuuu*

Status
Not open for further replies.