Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to work with a PCB / Layout tool(Allegro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous_Ricky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I would like to learn how to work with a PCB / Layout tool(allegro). I need an example / tutorial to show me how to start from schematic and end up with a routed pcb. Does anyone know if I can find any kind of such tutorial?

thanks,
ricky

allegro viewer commands

Have you checked with Cadence? It has been a few years ago, but when we were evaluating which PCB tool to use, Cadence provided us with some pretty good tutorials.

allegro tool help

Thanks TraceRrouter!
But could you provide me the tutorial if you have one or give the link to it, I have gone through the site but was unable to find.
will be a great help to me.

Thanks once again

allegro tool help

It was about 4-5 years ago and I doubt that I have a copy around anymore. Do you have a sales contact at Cadence? If so, I would just call them.

Re: allegro tool help

thanks Tracerouter,
but i dont have it, I am going through the help provided by the Cadence but finding it a bit difficult,
thanks once again,
is there any other way from where i could get a more simple help.

Ricky

Yes, sign on Sourcelink then email them. Long as you have valid copy and license they are more than willing to help you with any questions.

There's a very basic tutorial aimed at college students who are just getting started with Cadence tools. You can find it at: **broken link removed** .

mstrghettorigg said:
Yes, sign on Sourcelink then email them. Long as you have valid copy and license they are more than willing to help you with any questions.

My uni has the license... But they are not helpfull .. What should i do?

If you have the Cadence SPB software install, there could be a tutorial installed along with the software.

Check the directory */doc/pcb_ftb directory

You should find a simple front-to-back design scenario. Unfortunately, it only contains the PDF/HTML along with some SWF files. I guess Cadence expect you to create the design from their sample libraries.

Hope this might help.

Hi

Intially you can download a Allegro viewer from the cadence site and try to explore the commands using the free viewer.

Thanks
Diwakar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back