Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use the formula XL=2*pi*f*L for choke inductor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ro2595

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an antenna (50 Ohm) connected to a RF chip throught a matching network. I need to know how dimension the value of choke inductance to work at 866MHz. Many people use XL=10*(circuite impedance) but why? Which is the principle of this supposition?

No, I'm another person. Please answer to my question, I didn't noticed that thread, anyway I'm looking for the relation between the choke and the thumb's law

Although 2*Pi*f*L yields a figure for reactive impedance, there is also a phase change involved. Therefore to find the equivalent ohmic resistance, you need to adjust further by drawing the the parallelogram angles. Use a simulator to check how much one network attenuates compared to the other.

which simulator could I use? So to find the equivalent ohmic equivalent which parameter I have to consider to draw the parallelogram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back