Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use lumped elements RF models for simulation in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF models for inductors

Given RF models for lumped elements like inductor, resistor & capacitor, how do i use it for simulation using ADS?

I can see the L Model sumbol for simulation but how do i use it? The model that I have consists of R & C composition. So, when i applied it into this model, ADS cannot understand the L & C in the model.

Any suggestion?

Re: RF models for inductors

You can read formodels of inductors in Razavi's book -RF MIcroelectronics

RF models for inductors

Download " Murata Chip S-Parameter & Impedance Library Ver.3.7.1" from website free and when you install on your computer, you'll be able to select any inductor or capacitor to see equivalent circuit of the components that you select.It's quite useful and gives consistent results.

But the best way to install " Murata design Kit for ADS". By installing, ADS will you able to select any capacitor or inductor with their embedded s-parameters. Very nice !!!

The difference between measurment and simulations is only %5..!!

Even tough the first one is more general,I recommend you the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back