Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use LSSP analysis with GoldenGate simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wht4665453123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm using the LSSP analysis in the GoldenGate simulator to design a one-port negative resistance oscillator.

My question is:

What component should be in the circuit schematic as the port?

I tried to use the psin from Analoglib, which was often used for small signal SP simulation, but the LSSP gives error saying that "at least one active port should be defined to run LSSP analysis". I tried changing the psin to the RFPWS component from the GoldenGatelib, but when selecting ports in the simulation manual, it says this object is not valid selection.

I appreciate your help very much.

Dear pancho_hideboo,

Thank you for the reply. I changed the PSIN to PORT, but still get the same error"at least one active port should be defined to run LSSP analysis".

You should use analogLib which is supplied with GoldenGate package...
Standard analogLib hasn't "ads" view, that's why the simulator doesn't recognize the component.

Dear BigBoss,

Thank you for the reply.

Do you mean that I'm missing a new library called "analogLib" which comes with the installation of GoldenGate?

Actually I noticed that there is a new library called GoldenGateLib, which came with the installation of the GoldenGate. Inside it are some components used for Goldengate Simulations. But I don't see a component called "port" in it, only the RFPWS(RFpower souce, which is similar to psin in conventional analogLib) looks like useful.

Standard analogLib hasn't "ads" view, that's why the simulator doesn't recognize the component.

Completely wrong.
Agilent RFDE(ADSsim) use "ads" view.
But Agilent GoldenGate does not use "ads" view.

Agilent GoldenGate use "spectre" view, so we can use standard "analogLib" which is shipped as Cadence DFII.

Actually, "ads" view is not needed even for RFDE(ADSsim) since RFDE2004.

Actually I noticed that there is a new library called GoldenGateLib, which came with the installation of the GoldenGate.
Inside it are some components used for Goldengate Simulations.
Except for Envelope analysis, "goldenGateLib" is not required at all.

So you can use components in "analogLib".

P.S. Some components in "goldenGateLib" have same functionalities as components in "analogLib".

"goldenGateLib" exists for keeping compatibility with very old Xpedion GoldenGate and Envelope Analysis.
But "DCFEED" and "DCBLOCK" are available only in "goldenGateLib".

I changed the PSIN to PORT,
but still get the same error"at least one active port should be defined to run LSSP analysis"
For LSSP, you can use any of "goldenGateLib/PSIN" or "analogLib/psin", "analogLib/port.
About LSSP of GoldenGate, see "Lab2" of "goldenGateTraining".

Last edited:
Dear pancho_hideboo,

Would you please tell me where is the "goldengateTraining"? Thank you.

Completely wrong.
Agilent RFDE(ADSsim) use "ads" view.
But Agilent GoldenGate does not use "ads" view.

Agilent GoldenGate use "spectre" view, so we can use standard "analogLib" which is shipped as Cadence DFII.

Actually, "ads" view is not needed even for RFDE(ADSsim) since RFDE2004.

Except for Envelope analysis, "goldenGateLib" is not required at all.

So you can use components in "analogLib".

P.S. Some components in "goldenGateLib" have same functionalities as components in "analogLib".

"goldenGateLib" exists for keeping compatibility with very old Xpedion GoldenGate and Envelope Analysis.
But "DCFEED" and "DCBLOCK" are available only in "goldenGateLib".

For LSSP, you can use any of "goldenGateLib/PSIN" or "analogLib/psin", "analogLib/port.
About LSSP of GoldenGate, see "Lab2" of "goldenGateTraining".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back