Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use cadence to simulate PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

twfly

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i design a PLL,but i don not know how to use cadence to simulate the PLL output noise and jitter.have someboy know how to simulate it ?can you teach me?thanks

oermens said:
http://www.cdnusers.org/community/virtuoso/resources/ctp_cdnlivesv2007_Thibieroz.pdf
Thank for your PDF document. I will research this.

Noise Aware PLL Flow is also covered in Spectre RF documentation (User Guide, Theory vol1 and 2)

dinesh agarwal said:
you can use PSS + PNOISE analysis, to simulate individual block phase noise.
Yes ,you are right.The noise of each block has been simulated by me.and i have caculated the PLL output jitter by using matlab.But i want to know how to direct simulate the PLL output noise or jitter...

Added after 2 minutes:

oermens said:
Noise Aware PLL Flow is also covered in Spectre RF documentation (User Guide, Theory vol1 and 2)
Sorry ,i can not understand your mean. can i ask you what are the means of the vol1 and 2??
can you give me more detail explain?thank you .

find documentation in $CDS_INST_DIR/doc and $MMSIMHOME/doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back