Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to split a file in UNIX and rejoin it in LINUX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to rejoin split file unix

I've a problem. I would like to split a large size file (>100MB), which is in *.tar format in
UNIX environment, into small size files (< 1.44MB/file). I'm going to transfer these files to Linux platform and then rejoin them. Any suggestion & method to do this ?? The reason I'm doing this is because my workstation don't have cdrom drive. Thanks !

rejoin file split unix

"split" first, then "cat" together under linux

linux how to rejoin split rar

cin said:
I've a problem. I would like to split a large size file (>100MB), which is in *.tar format in
UNIX environment, into small size files (< 1.44MB/file). I'm going to transfer these files to Linux platform and then rejoin them. Any suggestion & method to do this ?? The reason I'm doing this is because my workstation don't have cdrom drive. Thanks !

But surely, your workstation have NIC. connect the wire, sup the IP address then use ftp program to move your filesa cross.

RAR sparc verision could do this job well.
You can have this feature after register this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.