Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No route to host appears in Linux network communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinli

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The database server is currently using Windows, the project is deployed on Linux, it has been confirmed that both Windows and Linux firewalls have been turned off and can be pinged, but when connecting to port 3306, the error No route to host is reported. The firewall of both Windows and Linux has been turned off, and it can ping through, but the error No route to host is reported when connecting to port 3306, and the following message is returned when testing with Nmap:
Code:
Host is up (0.0033s latency).
PORT     STATE    SERVICE
3306/tcp filtered mysql
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.12 seconds

I found the problem, I need to make sure that the database server is listening on port 3306 at 0.0.0.0

I found the problem, I need to make sure that the database server is listening on port 3306 at 0.0.0.0
Well, this is not good; 0.0.0.0 ip-address simply means any.

You need to use your (I guess, you need to figure out) localhost.

If you need to use some other server on the wild internet, you will not be asking here!!

Using any server is going to be unreliable and security hazard.

Try either:
localhost:3306
or
127.0.0.1:3306

Using 0.0.0.0 is a massive security risk, if you have an internet connection you are making your server available to the public!

Brian.

Try either:
localhost:3306
or
127.0.0.1:3306

Using 0.0.0.0 is a massive security risk, if you have an internet connection you are making your server available to the public!

Brian.
Thank you for your kind reminder, I will try what you said and pay more attention to it.
--- Updated ---

Well, this is not good; 0.0.0.0 ip-address simply means any.

You need to use your (I guess, you need to figure out) localhost.

If you need to use some other server on the wild internet, you will not be asking here!!

Using any server is going to be unreliable and security hazard.
Yes, thanks for your reply and reminder, I will try other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.