Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solve the boundaries overlap in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlau1984

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everybody,

I assigned a box as "radiation" boundary and assigned a rectangle as "Perfect_E" boundary in HFSS. A face of the box and the rectangle are on the same position and their areas is the same.
When I run "Validation Check", there is a warning that "radiation" boundary and "Perfect_E" boundary overlap!

Dose this warning matter? How can I solve this warning?

Thanks!

One get overwritten. I don't remember which one.

The easiest thing to do is remove the radiation boundary where your Perf. E is and reassign it to a Perf. E. Assign 5 faces of the box to radiation instead of all 6.

In my opinion, the radiation boundary should always be all around the antenna - there just a handful cases, where a substitution of a single wall by PerfE makes sense.

The simplest (but also least accurate) solution is to use the Create Region button and use a distance of at least lambda/4 from everywhere (personally I rather use lambda/3, whenever possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.