Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set the environment for gate level simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karalamoorthy_p

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am new in gate level simulation.Please could you tell me how to set up the Gate level simulation.Is there any guide or notes to refer the gate level simulation. Please help me to further.

Thanks,
Karalamoorthy

You need a netlist, a SDF, a std cell/macro models satin.

What does it mean when we say that in GATE Level the whole design (may be netlist) is flattened? I had done GATE Level simulation in 2 steps...firstly Zero Delay..and then Standard delay format (SDF). What is the advantage of using Zero delay? Also how in terms of timing does it differ from RTL? I did find a timing problem when I ran the same test case for I2C from RTL to ZD (Zero delay). The problem was in generationg the stop condition. When I asked my senior this problem could not be caught in RTL..he told me that in RTL we actually force the signals while in zero dealy they actually travel the path ..(or something like this). I just mentioned the above problem you don't need to solve that...but what is not clear to me is what happens in zero delay in comparision to RTL in terms of signals travelling from one point in SoC to another.
Kindly reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back