Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send characters to UART while debugging in KEILuVision4

Status
Not open for further replies.

du.chci1990

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all :smile:,
i need to debug my embedded C program on Keil for a hardware project.

Now i don't know how to debug the serial communication parts of the program. I open the UART window, but it just shows the output. Now if i have to send any character to the UART, where do i type it? (UART window doesn't seem to take in any characters, unable to type there.)

the program will enter a loop when the serial buffer receives a certain character. So, how do i send the character to the receive buffer??
A snipet of the code is given below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECV_DATA=SBUF;
RI=0;

if(RECV_DATA=='+')
{
:
: //some action

}

if(RECV_DATA=='#')
{

center_locking = DISABLE; //a port pin of 8051

:
:// more action
}

if(RECV_DATA=='-')
{
while(recevier_d0);//a pin of 8051// Waiting for the Wireless Transmitter to be ON

// pins of 8051 are being set/reset

Sprayer = ENABLE;
center_locking = ENABLE;
car_rear_coil1 = ENABLE;

delay_in_half_seconds(20);

while(1); // Infinite loop Press reset to come out of this mode

}

}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So is there any special serial communications window in KeiluVision4 where i can type the characters "#" or "+" and make the program function???

Please help! thanks in advance!!

PS: have attached a snap-shot of the UART window i used in debugging. i cannot type in characters here.

Attachments

• uart.png
    uart.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 70

Status
Not open for further replies.