Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to select RC value for a full wave rectifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a rectifier using MOSFETS.
Now, my question is how to select the R, C values for filtering/smoothening purpose provided my input RF voltage is 1V at 865MHz?
Can you please guide me?
What are the various aspects to keep in mind while selecting R, C value?
Thanks a lot in advance.

There is a formula you can use. I forget how it goes.

A roundabout method is to calculate an RC time constant that will yield a certain amount of ripple between crests.

For instance, if you want .01 V ripple, then volt level is permitted to fall that amount during .58 nSec between peaks.

The time constant is for a 63 percent change. This means your time constant will be 63 * .58 nSec (the curve isn't straight, but this should be good enough)...
equals 36 nSec.

Divide by your load, 1000 ohms (per your schematic). This yields a capacitor value of 36 pF.

You'll get better than .01V ripple since the waveform is not a void between peaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back