Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to see the magnitude and the phase current while CP is generated using IE3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cent

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm new in microwave and antenna field...
now I'm learning to design a circular polarize antenna...

what I've learn so far is CP will generate for instance if there is a 2 component of the same magnitude but different 90 degrees in phase.
The simple is by using two identical antenna but located one in horizontal and other in vertical.

My professor want me to understand the phenomena that occurs when the CP is generated. So I design 2 dipole antenna and I'm using IE3D for the simulation.
I know I can read the Axial ratio value from the IE3D, but I want to know the magnitude and phase different that occurs between the two antenna.
So the question is other than the Axial Ratio parameter, can I see the magnitude and the phase current (the two main subject of generating CP) visibly using IE3D?
If it possible please explain it to me, if not please give me another advice.

Sorry if it's annoying, but I've read the CP theory and now I want to understand what it looks like in the simulation results, how I can figure it have same magnitude or have 90 degree phase different.

Thanks for the help.
Andrew

Re: IE3D newbie...

Hi, Andrew:

What I would suggest you to do is the following:

Option 1:

Please display the vector current at a specific phase (or cycle value). If you see the vectors on one patch is about 90 degrees different from the other one why you change the phase (or cycle value), your antenna should be good CP. You can also do the animation on both scaler and vector display. For the scaler one, you will see the 2 patches will change colors with the colors alternating (when one is red, teh other one is blue). It is an indicating of the about 90 degrees out of phase. If you do the vector current animation, you should see either one of the following:

a. You see the vectors are rotating circularly if you are able to achieve CP on a single patch.

b. You see the vectors are orthogonal on both patches while they are alternating.

Option 2:

You can select FILE->SAVE CURRENT DENSITY DATA FILE to save the data into a file. You can read the data to understand how much different they are. This is more precise while it is less convenient.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back