Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to reduce the s21 in the exponent taper balun

Status
Not open for further replies.

hausn

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[0)F~(PS$YKA85NQO5}`7R6.jpg
W{VQ`A0KWCK$BB1TL%16O(5.jpg
i design a taper balun ,but the result of s21 seems not good ,could you give me some advice to reduce the parameter.plz

Microstrip losses come-generally-from substrate losses.There may also be some radiation losses and conductor losses but substrate losses are more dominant.
That's why since we don't know anything about your circuit and the substrate which you've being used, there won't also be a satisfactory answer.

Microstrip losses come-generally-from substrate losses.There may also be some radiation losses and conductor losses but substrate losses are more dominant.
That's why since we don't know anything about your circuit and the substrate which you've being used, there won't also be a satisfactory answer.

hi bigboss
The relative dielectric constant is 2.2 ,h=1.5mm,the thickness of microstrip lines is 0.035mm.the radiation is perfect .

hi bigboss
The relative dielectric constant is 2.2 ,h=1.5mm,the thickness of microstrip lines is 0.035mm.the radiation is perfect .

What about TanD ? Loss is proportional with it.

what is that a plot of "Y1"? The ripple suggest to me that it is NOT well matched to a 50 ohm load, hence the ripple as frequency moves (think of a smith chart, and its matched to, say 60 ohms. now draw a circle around that 60 ohm point on a smith chart of s11. As freq changes, the circle sweeps from 75 ohms to 50 ohms, and part resitive/reactive in between, hence causing the small ripple)

You might also consider : R. W. Klopfenstein in a paper titled A Transmission Line Taper of Improved Design as an alternate.

Microwaves101 (dot) com is a useful place for additional information.

You might also consider : R. W. Klopfenstein in a paper titled A Transmission Line Taper of Improved Design as an alternate.

Microwaves101 (dot) com is a useful place for additional information.

hi Azulykit
i have read the paper ,and do a simuation like its siad ,the result is good but i cannot make it continuous .could you give some example?

- - - Updated - - -

what is that a plot of "Y1"? The ripple suggest to me that it is NOT well matched to a 50 ohm load, hence the ripple as frequency moves (think of a smith chart, and its matched to, say 60 ohms. now draw a circle around that 60 ohm point on a smith chart of s11. As freq changes, the circle sweeps from 75 ohms to 50 ohms, and part resitive/reactive in between, hence causing the small ripple)

hi biff44
i cannot understand clearly .but you said seems professional .i not good at this part ,could you give me more detail.plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back