Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program ORG 2000 of 16F84A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

REHome

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to program 16f84a? mplab

Hello:

How I can program in assembler with the MPLAB 8,14 ORG 2000 of 16F84A without using winpic800 or the IC-prog?

Greetings.

compilador asm 16f84a

as far as my knowledge tells me that for a 16F84A the data organization allows
us to program only in first 1024 words so if you want to start program at org 2000
then better to use 16F877 where 8K words of memory for program is available .

so far i m clear i think you must study the data shhets of 16F84A and 16F877 please check this diagrams too.

howtoprogram.org

Hello:

You have not understood to me, I talk about to program what indicates in the image.

Greetings.

so sorry that i have not understood u r problem
but will u clear some thing more what that red mark is for and options tell that related to it is start of program is from 2000 as hex value or what ?

Added after 59 seconds:

also ORG is a assembly directive which tells assembler the start of the code in program memory.

From Help - MPASM Assembler Help example:

#include p16f877a.inc ;Include standard header file
;for the selected device.
__idlocs 0x1234 ;Sets device ID to 1234.

I hope this is what you want.

you can't; Pic16F84A has a maximum address only at 0x3FF.

org is preprocessor directive telling teh compiler to start writing at that address. 2000 in decimal or hex is beyond the 84A address

pic16f84 do not supprot that much of memory

Ditto to cristi7521.

The 2000 address is not part of the program memory, so it does not matter that the micro can not access it.
Those are the ID locations and they can be programmed by setting the _idlocs to something you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.