Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to process image data when they are in Binary format? (MATLAB for embedded C applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandlerbing65nm

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Folks,

Update: Title should be "
How to process image data when they are in Binary format? (MATLAB for embedded C applications)"

I have a MATLAB code that is intended for embedded hardware. The MATLAB code is about Image Classification which will be deployed in STM32 (uC, not the Discovery board) using C code generator.

This is the simple block diagram of my architecture:
stm32.JPG

The image that will be captured by the camera in Arduino is at [480, 640] pixels (RGB) which will be saved into the external shared flash memory. Then, the STM32 will retrieve the image in the shared flash memory (jpg image in binary).

My problem is, how can I process the binary data in MATLAB such that I can resize the image to [25, 25] pixels and turn the image into grayscale?

If someone is knowledgeable on this, please help. Thanks!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.