Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to power on relay when power failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllunlu

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have 8 selenoid valfs and control unit with relay. Selenoid valfs run 9V DC and if you want to open selenoid valf, send +9V (correct bias) to valfs just a second. If you wanna close selenoid valfs, send -9V (reverse bias) to valfs a second.

Now, I have designed the circuit, but I am confuse. Because, After selenoid valfs opened, if power failure. Then valf opened more and more times. I want to close selenoid valf when power failure. How can I do it.

how to power on a close relay below images when power failure

What is your solenoid valves power?

I mean, need to understand power or current of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think, if your solenoid valves no need to big power,you could connect a battery bank to your circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

and when you detect power failure,you can trig your valve by -9v

You may end up needing two relays, one to apply voltage, and one to choose polarity of applied voltage.

Your schematic has a relay which is like a 2-position switch. You really need something like a 3-position relay, similar to a switch whose center position is not connected. However I've never heard of such a relay.

A large capacitor could provide power briefly when blackout hits. Or else a battery (as suggested in post #4).

Hello

I have 8 selenoid valfs and control unit with relay. Selenoid valfs run 9V DC and if you want to open selenoid valf, send +9V (correct bias) to valfs just a second. If you wanna close selenoid valfs, send -9V (reverse bias) to valfs a second.

Your diagram shows both the relay contacts in the same place. You have now confused me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.