Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to place these two capacitors in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am working on a IC which I WANT to do simulation on this in ADS. s-parameter file of this IC is available in the producer company. I am modeling the test circuit which is available in the datasheet. here it is:

CIRCUIT (2).png

but I do not know how to model capacitors "C6" and "C7". In my schematic I have assumed that the red connections are open-circuit for the sake of simplicity. My ADS schematic till here is represented in the following:

schematic view.png

How can I model "C6" and "C7"? Can you show me on ADS, please?

Between TL6 and Step3 ( symmetrical )
Hello, Well I am speaking about a 1000 MHz test circuit. As you know, it is very important to place each component on its place exactly. In order to clarify the situation, Please pay attention to the following image:

clarification.png

The purple lines show five candidate place for installing "C7". It is clear that as per the datasheet, candidate 1 is the best one. If I place C7 or C8 according th what you have said before, It is installed on the candidate 5 seemingly. Does it make sense?

Nobody knows that. It's a tuning capacitor and someone can shift to left or right to tune the matching circuit.

The effects of locations 1-5 can only be seen using a 3D simulator (like HFSS or CST). ADS (2D simulator) won't work since this is more of a EM & coupling effect.

The effects of locations 1-5 can only be seen using a 3D simulator (like HFSS or CST). ADS (2D simulator) won't work since this is more of a EM & coupling effect.
Not 100% correct. Actually, we can perform co-simulation on this particular section in ADS. And then using that, we can draw the residue of circuit in the schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back