Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to mix line-level audio of XBox with PCs speaker-level

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainkirksdog

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Audio help needed.

Hello,
I sometimes do volunteer work for a summer-school computer class for mentally-disabled kids. These kids get bored real fast, so to keep some kind of order, we let them play games, too. We have about a dozen Xboxes for them.
How can I mix the line-level audio from an XBox with the speaker-level audio from a PC and send them both to the same set of powered monitor speakers? I want them to be able to play computer music files while playing XBox games. The problem is the sound card in the PC doesn't have a line-level output and the XBox doesn't have speaker-level out. Every time I turn the PC on it completely swamps the XBox. I tried using a simple resistor divider network, but it didn't work either. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Audio help needed.

Hi.
Send one signal to each powered speaker. Left will play the PC and right the xbox.
Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back