Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make PCBs at a hobby Level (affordably)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to pcb mount hobby

wakaka said:
I'd did the paper toning method, really works for me, but slightly different then wat is mention above.

For me:

1.Print the layout track on an A4 paper using high resolution laser printer.

2. Put the paper on a copper plate and start ironing. U need to apply pressure on that and it takes around 15 to 20 minutes.

3. When the paper is sticked on the copper plate, put the copper plate into the water.

4. Start peeling off the paper. U will noticed that the track will atached to the copper plate.

5. Etch the copper plate with acid, shake the container as well to make the process faster.

6. Use a brush or watever is convinient to u to remove the paper track on the plate.

7. now u hv the nice PCB.....

enjoy

hi wakaka, hope u reply to this question! you have said that we can print our circuit on a A4 paper! you mean the normal paper used to print documents can be used to make pcbs?

Also for smd pcbs is this method good enough and how do you make the 'sockets' or the place in which your smd component will go since the copper is at the bottom and the component is on top? Thanks

pcb service for hobbyist

Hello
I think he meant A4 as the size of the paper. I was woundering what is and wear you can find Cupric Chloride?
Thanks
gogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back