Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a slot car‘s light blink 3 seconds after the power disconnects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renbrant

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I did one little circuit with one capacitor that keep my slot car´s light (LED) on during a while. Than I include a brake light too. It´s working well.

slot car brake light.JPG

Now, my next step will be include blinkers. It must to start 3 seconds after the power disconect. With that, when the car go out the track, it start to blink.

It´s easy to make it blink, but I don´t know how to make that 3 seconds delay. Is the 555 a good solution?

Does any one have a solution?

Tks,
Renato

Re: Slot car blink light

I'm not sure if I fully understand the situation.

The way I am looking at it is when the slot car's power is disconnected then the car will have no all power.

If this is the case you may have to look at using rechargeable button batteries and possibly smd 555 fitted in the car.

Re: Slot car blink light

I'm not sure if I fully understand the situation.

The way I am looking at it is when the slot car's power is disconnected then the car will have no all power.

If this is the case you may have to look at using rechargeable button batteries and possibly smd 555 fitted in the car.

I´m using a capacitor, so I have about 15 seconds after slot car´s power is diconnected or when I´m braking.

For the blink light, I want to increase one more capacitor to have at least 30 seconds blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back