Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to lock the program in microcontroller??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaisar Azeemi

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to lock my hex files in my controllers.. can any one please help me how can i lock my program in AT89C51 and in PIC microcontrollers?

thank u

Qaisar

the steps followed in writing and locking hex files on microcontroller

for this u need to have a programmer and topwin ver6.30 installed on ur pc

Double click on topwin icon on desktop then a window opens

in that you can see many icons side by side

load file to buffer-->save buffer to a file-->select chip-->erase chip-->check blank chip-->write code to chip-->compare chip with the file buffer--> and then click on lock chip your hex files will get locked on the chip its called one time programmable(OTP).

thank u very much deepu .. it helpd me alot.
i just searched it(Topwin 6.30) at internet but cant found it any where. from where can i get this software?

2ndly can it b used for all kind of microcontrollers ... 89c51, pic, avr etc??

thanks again and regards

Qaisar

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

sorry for the wrong info its not topwin 6.30 its just topwin6 and u can get it from the link which am placing here

**broken link removed**

am not sure for all the microcontrollers but works for many.

Hi, I want to lock my hex files in my controllers.. can any one please help me how can i lock my program in AT89C51 and in PIC microcontrollers? thank u Qaisar
I am not sure which software and programmer you are using to program the chips. But as a natural assumption, every programmer hardwrae will have its own programming software where 99.99% you find a locking option to protect your code in the microcontroller. If you are still confused, let me know which programmer you use and which software is used to program.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back