Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface the 8051 with the RF transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
433Mhz tx and rx available in the market can be connected to any port pins via encoder (HT12E) and decoder (HT12D)

Sir, What is the use of HT12E encoder and HT12D decoder pair? Can't we transmit serial data directly by connecting RXD and TXD pins of 8051 to Rf module?
please reply.....

Last edited:

Re: 8051 rf module

Hi,

The source code varies according to the RF transmitter module. Some module uses a SPI other uses a UART so you need to study the datasheet before starting to write code.

With Regards
S.Rajesh Kumar

Sir, Can The Transmitter Module Of 433MHz Be Directly Connected to PIC18F4XX IC's TX Pins so That It can Directly Transmit Without Holtek Encoder

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Hi ...

For interfacing 8051 with RF Transmitter .. U can better go for serial port based transmission.

Connect the TX line of the Micro controller to the Transmitter . While writing the

code .. it is simple for you to use it as serial port . Just out the charecter in the

serial port with the Baud rate ur microcontroller support .

There is no special code needed other than normal UART code for transmitting

data in serial port thro RF .

At the reciever end jus connect the RX pin of the reciever [Mc or PC] and get the

data in UART protocol...[:)][:)]

Hope this will give u a better idea ..

Thanks and regards ,

S.Vigneshwaran @ vikee... :)

You mentioned about connecting The uC Directly To The Transmiter....
Am Using The Same .. My Question Is
Will This Following Transceiver

RF Transreceiver 2.4 Ghz, SPI Interface, 30 meters range [3478] : Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development

Work Directly With PIC18F4520 Or PIC18F4550 If I Connect TX and RX Pin To Their Following PIns....

Or Should I Go Towards TWS434 and RWS 434 if i want skip the Encoder Building part

Re: rf modules interface with 8051

@ Clownsend, I connected the data pins of HT12E to P1.0-P1.3 of 8051 to xmit data. I receive the right data. But the problem is I have to use big delays between each nibble transmission without which nothing is decoded. This makes the messages to be transmitted very slowly, around 2 chars in a sec.
Please suggest the correct algo for tx and rx. I wish to query a device through PC via rf and it should reply accordingly via rf to show on the pc.
Whether and when I need to poll the VT/TE pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back