Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface RCA cable using PIC16F877?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bing2005

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Interface with RCA cable

Can anyone tell me about the proper method to interface RCA cable by using a PIC16f877?
This RCA cable is attached to a depth transducer. I want to interface it to receive the signal and display the value on LCD.
Thank you so much!!!

Re: Interface with RCA cable

Quite often depth transducers (pressure transucers) are of 4-20mA type.
They will accept voltages from 10-30Vd.

If that's the case you will have to identify the sensors positive pole and connect a dc supply there and connect termination resistor of, say, 250Ω between sensors output and 0V. For the rannge of 4-20mA the voltage accross this resistor will be 1.0V to 5.0V and this voltage can be fed directly to a PIC with AD converter ..

Thanks IanP, for your quick response.
The RCA cable only consists of 2 wires; 1 for ground and another one for receiving the signal, am i right?
The transducer i used is from Navman company. It is a single frequency transom mount depth transducer.
So, i just need to connect a resistor in between RCA output and its ground then supply it with voltage.
Do i need to construct any transceiver or echo sounder to this device?
Thanks a lot.
Its specification only indicate that Max. power consumption: 60mA
and Current Drain: 150mA
Its supply voltage is 9.5V to 16.5V

So, it is not "pressure" transducer but ultrasounder.
If you have just transducer that is a bad news as the circuit required to make them working is not simple.
Basically, you need to send a signal and measure time till the same transducer receives the echo .. sounds simple but in reality it is not.
Better contact Navman ..

Thats really a bad news because i try to contact with navman before.
But, they refuse to answer the technical question.
Anyway, thanks for your information. ^v^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back