Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to interface bluetooth usb dongle with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodi.sudar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all
I am doing my final year project in the name of Bluetooth Based smart home.for that i want to interface bluetooth USB dongle with 8951 Microcontroller can Any Body help me please I am in urgent have TO finish the project in couple of days

Re: how to interface bluetooth usb dongle with microcontroll

Just impossible.
Its not possible to connect a USB device to MC. bcoz u need a MC with USB host capa. unfortunately even if u have a MC with usb host, u have to embed ur device driver into it. Its not an easy task. Try to use serial Bluetooth module or RF modules.

If u still want a USB host MC. Use PIC32, PIC24 or ARM controllers :D:D

Ques. rep. more than 100 times.:D:D

Is it Possible to burn pic microontroller in 8051 burner

Added after 4 minutes:

HI
Instead of interfacing usb bluetooth dongle directly to microcontroller i can use pc and connect the microcontroller but how to send the a binary data serially to microcontroller .. can you please help me in regarding

Is it Possible to burn pic microontroller in 8051 burner

No U can't.

Instead of interfacing usb bluetooth dongle directly to microcontroller i can use pc and connect the microcontroller but how to send the a binary data serially to microcontroller .. can you please help me in regarding

R u talking about serial communication. using MAX 232??

yes using MAX 232 interfacing with pc then i dont know how to transmit the data serially automatically

use a bluetooth module instead of a dongle.

Modules are not cheap like the dongle but the design is more stable and the mcu firmware need not be complicated.

Most bluetooth modules work like modems anyway and may also use SPI which is easily handled by an ordinary mcu.

A usb bluetooth module is far too expensive (like everything else in the embedded word is,) but there is a possible solution.

I came up with this Project by "three Juniors in Cornell University's College of Engineering." at the following link. https://courses.cit.cornell.edu/ee4...ct23/blh36_cdl28_dct23/index.html#codelisting

They achieved the seemingly impossible. Although they used an AT Mega 32, A faster processor would do the trick.

The site has all the code and schematics.

I hope it helps.
Please note that there is a work around to do it the other way around too; using a simple controller to function as a USB device. the link is: http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB_RS232/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)%20RS232_eng.htm
(Please select the entire line above and paste it in your browser for it to work)

If you use the right PIC24 or PIC32 chip, you need USB OTG (On the Go) as this allows you to be a USB host. Then you use the microchip application libraries. They have a bluetooth stack and USB software. You also need to know the chip types inside the USB dongle.

Then, theoretically, it should be possible to write a driver.

USB is the cheapest solution as on ebay you can get such devices for $2 or so, and they have all passed regulatory, so you don't have to go through the FCC on that part.

Forget the people suggesting a serial interface. That will cost you $50 at least in comparison.

Good luck. Please post if you ever succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.