Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to interface a PIR sensor to a micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

amico

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all

can someone please explain to me

how to interface a PIR sensor to my PIC16F877 (microchip)

i was told that i need to use an optocopuler in order to interface it to the micro.

what is an optocopuler ? how it is related to the PIR sensor working mechanisem ?

Thanks,

amico

I assume, that you want to connect the plain sensor device.

how to interface a PIR sensor to my PIC16F877
to achieve what? You may want to connect the output (supplied with a load resistor according to the sensor datasheet) to an ANx pin. But possibly you want some analog gain before?

i was told that i need to use an optocopuler
Forget about this misleading suggestion.

There are recent edaboard threads related to PIR circuits. Simply try a search.

As FvM rightly said, you will not need any optocoupler to interface PIR sensor, don't overwhelm yourself with false suggestion!!

Go through this datasheet, it has reference design which will explain everything you need to know:

Are you aware that you can get a PIR as a complete unit for~$10?. You just give it power and watch the output go low when something moves.

Just to clarify issues with my project. Pls do I need to use LM324 to interface PIR to my PIC16f84A. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back