Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to hspice simulate PWM one bit DAC INL DNL

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekno1

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulate pwm signal

Hi All,

What is the best methodology of simulating INL and DNL of PWM one bit DAC (or any PDM one bit DAC like Delta Sigma).

I use HSPICE but considering settling time and number of codes to be simulated one by one (setting PWM frequencies one by one) manually would be very time consuming.

I am getting phase accumulator type PWM signal for one bit DAC.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions or resources.

hspice dac

what models of devices you use? Are you have models with statistical? You can set number points on lineary changing signal and see M and sigma in Monte-carlo analisys.

how to simulate inl of dac

Thanks. I am mainly interested deterministic INL DNL. At this point I am not interested random variations. First I want to get deterministic part but because of serial input and long settling times I wonder how people can handle efficiently INL DNL simulations for PWM DAC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back