Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get Spartan6 in PCAD2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karesz

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Spartan6 in PCAD2006?

Hallo all,
maybe I will to work for a design on PCAD2006 and it has i.e. Spartan6 (~900 pins) as component.
Does know somebody pls how is a symbol/pattern & component to create(I dont have some library elements), is it possible with thes CAD?
Many thanks in advance!
Karesz

Hi friends,
I have still the problem_pls hepl me...
Best thnx!
K.

hello karesz,

is there a spreadsheet import feature in PCAD?
in some other design software, like cadence concept and capture, there is an option to import a pre-formatted excel spreadsheet containing pin names and pin numbers to automatically generate the schematic symbol, then manually shift the pins to look like you want it to look like.

another option is, if you can get an orcad library or schematic design from xilinx, you may be able to import it to PCAD.

karesz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Buenos,
If Im right_ (by my schema is it so) Import is only as "PDIF" & "DXF" possible...
By Allegro is possible to try it i.e. begin as Orcad... & import it, I know, but with that I has found no solution...
K.

Im on doing it yet_hopfely wit full success to finish...
PCAD has a "Component Manager", you have to couple "pack it" Symbol & Pattern/footprint in that.
After some problems, I drowed yet succesfully the 900 pin "FG900" packages Footprint.:)

Tomorrow I wish to make or begin, the Symbols; their are to drow as some "Banks", but the "How do it" is to study, becouse PCAD dont have a tool for that, but has a system for components/symbols with more "gates" (inhomogens too), where is the problem with names & numberig of all the pins:-(...
I have to study how their are to copy from pin listings of Xilinx`s Websides...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back