Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to find the radius of curvature MCURVE value for the 180 degree HYBRID COUPLER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to obtain the proper values of S-parameter for LPF Richard's and Kurodo identity

Enjunear sir,
I tried for the Richard's transformation method lowpass filter design , got the proper s-parameter values for the schematic simulation. But I didn't get expected s-parameter values for the EM extraction. Design values are as follows.

Z0= 50 Ohm, f = 4 GHz, H=1.6mm , T =0.036, dielectric constant =4.4, Tangential loss =0.001

I am expecting following values for both SCHEMATIC and EM Extraction

Frequency DB S(1,1) DB S(2,1)

4GHz -3.1084 -3.0946
Herewith I am attaching the present getting layout and schematic diagram.
Even I reduced the X and Y cell size 0.01 , am getting memory error for the MWO EMSIGHT, AXIAM, ACE AND VELOCE ACF.Please help me sir

Attachments

• LPF_STEPPED RICHARD.jpg
    LPF_STEPPED RICHARD.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 84
  • LPFLAYOUT.jpg
    LPFLAYOUT.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 11-LPF-RICHARD'S METHOD.doc
    459.5 KB · Views: 66

It is frustrating that you did not even try to understand the answers.

Volker Sir,

I got the answer for the 180 degree hybrid coupler, even marked as solved. I don't have any problem with RAT RACE coupler.I changed the design values for the Low pass filter Richard's Kurodo identity, couldn't get it. Those simulator will take more than 4 hours take to process(simulator like AXIAM , EM SIGHT, ACE.......).

Those simulator will take more than 4 hours take to process

Sure, because you have set inefficient meshing. The model that you have shown should not simulate more than a few minutes. Please upload your AWR model, so that we can have a look.

Volker sir,
I uploaded , you can have look sir. I used all the existing simulator and tried .Some are showing error, are taking more time to process

Attachments

• RichardsKurodo identity.jpg
    RichardsKurodo identity.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 72

Volker sir,
I uploaded , you can have look sir. I used all the existing simulator and tried .Some are showing error, are taking more time to process

Volker sir,
o.k sir I will upload it sir

Attachments

• RichardsKurodo identity.jpg
    RichardsKurodo identity.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 75

Re: How to obtain the proper values of S-parameter for LPF Richard's and Kurodo ident

Enjunear sir,
I tried for the Richard's transformation method lowpass filter design , got the proper s-parameter values for the schematic simulation. But I didn't get expected s-parameter values for the EM extraction. Design values are as follows.

Z0= 50 Ohm, f = 4 GHz, H=1.6mm , T =0.036, dielectric constant =4.4, Tangential loss =0.001

I am expecting following values for both SCHEMATIC and EM Extraction

Frequency DB S(1,1) DB S(2,1)

4GHz -3.1084 -3.0946
Herewith I am attaching the present getting layout and schematic diagram.
Even I reduced the X and Y cell size 0.01 , am getting memory error for the MWO EMSIGHT, AXIAM, ACE AND VELOCE ACF.Please help me sir

You are in for a rude awakening if you think that the simple electrical model will quickly match up with the EM solver solution on a coupled circuit of any kind. EM solvers take into account ALL of the coupling and edge effects of the metalization.

As a general process, you start with a simple electrical model, tune it up, then move to the EM solver. After you see the initial result, then you have to re-tune the design so that the full EM solution gives you the correct response (since you have introduced all sorts of additional interactions by solving for all of the cell-to-cell couplings).

That filter should simulate very quickly. You can probably reduce your mesh size to ~10 cells/wavelength as a start. Also, use conformal meshing, if you have that option. That will reduce the number of cells by picking different cell shapes for different metal shapes (curves for rounded edges, rectangles for long, straight edges, etc).

Can you upload the *.emp file?

I really mean the AWR project file, not the screenshot that you have uploaded.

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

if you think that the simple electrical model will quickly match up with the EM solver solution on a coupled circuit of any kind.

From my experience, for this circuit, it should not be far off. Honestly, I don't understand why he is using EM extraction all the time, for these simple circuits.

Volker sir,

I changed the design values , got the expected results. Design values for the Maximally flat top Low pass filter as follows

f0 = 1.5 GHz , Insertion loss =20db, H=1.6mm, T= 0.036mm , Tangential loss =0.001.
Cell size for x& y =0.1mm

Attachments

• Maximally flat LPF.png
    Maximally flat LPF.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Microstrip layout of MAX Flat LPF.jpg
    Microstrip layout of MAX Flat LPF.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 73

Volker Sir,

I followed as you said, changed the width and design also. I got the expected results for both Low pass filter Maximally flat and Chebyshev filter for differnt ripples values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back