Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find out put voltage of a 3 phase pulse width modulated inverter theoritically

Status
Not open for further replies.

suman.sardar

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Recently I have successfully designed a 3 phase pulse width modulated DC-AC power source using PIC18F4431 micro controller and Power Controlled PWM (PCPWM) scheme. Now I want to compare its output voltage (phase voltage or line voltage) level with expected theoretical value. But I am getting different formulas ( or derivations) for phase voltage of PCPWM scheme at different books. So can anyone tell me how to find the phase voltage theoretically for PCPWM scheme.

Hi,

Pure sine?
Do you have a true star point or not?
How is your hardware setup? Three half bridges?

Klaus

Yeah pure sine wave.
Yes I have true star point.
Its a 3 phase bridge inverter ( Full connection with PIC and driver is not shown here)
3 Phase Inverter Bridge connection.jpg

A rough schematic after connection of 3 phase load looks like this:
Capture3.jpg

Hi,

Any small DC on your star point will shift it to any voltage.
A true star point should be a fixed reference point for the phase voltages.

For me it's not clear what answer you expect.

For any sine voltage: RMS_voltage = peak_voltage / sqrt(2).
For a symmetric three phase system: phase_to_phase_voltage = phase_to_star_voltage x sqrt(3)

For your system ... if the star voltage is half of the DC_rail_voltage.
Then: actual_sine_voltage = (duty_cycle - 0.5) × DC_rail_voltage.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.