Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to draw model of lumped RLC for cap in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

astatine

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

How do i draw lumped RLC for cap? attached with file...i want to know the orientation of the cap

please help...

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    868.7 KB · Views: 135

you mean you need the spice model of the cap? What size is the cap?

you mean you need the spice model of the cap? What size is the cap?

Orginally it was design this way...() pls see attached pic....however now i want to change to be have the cap sitting on the PCB board as i need to fab the hardware

I've redesign it however did not get the results i previous got..not even close...so i'm guessing i draw wrongly..

Attachments

• 2.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 114

I have had similar problems trying to model shunt caps as lumped elements in filter structures, though I have occasionally had success. From my understanding, the RLC boundary should have the integration line flowing From the lower potential(gnd) Towards the higher potential (trace), but I think that adjusting the width of the sheet will affect the outcome of the simulation. You could try using a narrower sheet. Let me know how it turns out.

I have had similar problems trying to model shunt caps as lumped elements in filter structures, though I have occasionally had success. From my understanding, the RLC boundary should have the integration line flowing From the lower potential(gnd) Towards the higher potential (trace), but I think that adjusting the width of the sheet will affect the outcome of the simulation. You could try using a narrower sheet. Let me know how it turns out.

That's right! The integration line is from GND to SIGNAL LINE, just as the voltage orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back