Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do flicker noise simulation in scripts (spectre)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordantang

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, dear all, I am doing flicker noise simulation for very short channel MOSFET. However, I've never done any noise simulation before. Can anyone please tell me how to do flicker noise simulation using scripts (in spectre format) not in ADE? A simple example would be great.

Thank you very much.

Hi Jordantang,

I have been doing noise simulation usinge the spectre simulator + ADE, using the noise simulation.
However, I think that you dont want to use the ADE. But checking my netlist (in spectre format), the command that call the noise analysis routine is:

"noise ( node_A node_B) noise start=frequency1 stop=frequency2 annotate=status

where you choose the nodes and frequency that you want to evaluate. Lets me know if I understood your question.

Hi Jordantang,

I have been doing noise simulation usinge the spectre simulator + ADE, using the noise simulation.
However, I think that you dont want to use the ADE. But checking my netlist (in spectre format), the command that call the noise analysis routine is:

"noise ( node_A node_B) noise start=frequency1 stop=frequency2 annotate=status

where you choose the nodes and frequency that you want to evaluate. Lets me know if I understood your question.

Hi, palmeiras, thanks for your help. I tried your way and it worked. Appreciate it a lot.

But I am wondering two things: 1) how can I seperate out the flicker noise only; 2) in ADE simulation, the x-axis can be chosen as logarithm, is it the same as in scripts? It seems the scripts already set it as logarithm in default?

Thank you.

Hi Jordantang.
In the ADE, the simulator presents the noise per components (MOS thermal, resistor thermal, flicker, and so on). Using the script, maybe you need to find in your models, the noise parameters and work with it. For example, you can cancel (make them equal to zero) the parameters related to flicker noise (AF and KF), and then, you discover the thermal noise contribution. After this, working with your results you can estimate the contribution of tflicker noise. Or you can do the opposite. Is it clear?
Yes... I´m almost sure that x-axis is set as logarithm in default.

Status
Not open for further replies.