Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to display real time clock in the LCD using PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

juncarl143

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there i need advice or help how can i display the current time to a LCD using PIC16f877. is it possible to make it without any supporting IC interfaced to PIC?

thanks for the help. my plan is to write in data eeprom the hour and time and updated every 60 seconds, the minute will increment by one. thats what i wanted to do now for our project. pls any help or advice?

Writing that many times a day to the EEPROM is not recommended. The EEPROM is rated for 1 million erase/write cycles. If you write to it every minute, that would be 1440 times a day, so you could expect the EEPROM to last for less than 2 years.

Why do you want to do it that way? Can you use a battery backup, or something?

The original question remains: what will drive the actual LCD? The PIC or some other IC?

thanks for the info.. in our project its not really needed to diplay the real time. we just need to retrieve a real time data in whatsoever way in such that it could be printed by a dot matrix printer. we used a pic16f877a. because we need to print the real time upon accessing our project. sort of a receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.