Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design MPPT solar charge controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I replaced the coil with thinner wire. Heat is reduced, but some internal loss is still creating heat. I'm checking... inform you soon.

I just read for your subject. It's very interesting. I'm so doing similar project. I used MCU dspic33fj12mc202 to control Boost circuit. But my project don't find maximum power point. Everyone can help me?

I just read for your subject. It's very interesting. I'm so doing similar project. I used MCU dspic33fj12mc202 to control Boost circuit. But my project don't find maximum power point. Everyone can help me?

Have you coded it to detect the maximum power point? A simple explanation of the algorithm you used may help us in finding out any faults in the algorithm.

having some problem. It works just in the starting moment, but after that it can't find the maximum point. I'm trying, soon will inform you.

- - - Updated - - -

having some problem. It works just in the starting moment, but after that it can't find the maximum point. I'm trying, soon will inform you.

can anyone give me some sample code for any MPPT control using MCU (PIC18 for example).

I work in a group to design a solar inverter (on grid) and we want to implement the MPPT. The suggested design is simple, Boost circuit followed by inverter circuit... Is there anything that can help?

Plus, MPPT requires controlling PV cell's output current\voltage or just boost's ones?

I want to design a solar inverter (charger) to output 220v/50Hz AC voltage without batteries.

so stuff with battery isn't needed... also one of my group members made a quick buggy design of the boost and inverter, boost's input = 40v and outputs 220v DC...

Inverter is typical which only inverts the signal to AC at 50Hz (controlled by PIC18, the one that asked you about it - compare module ^_^)

The problem is that member isn't active to debug his work so I should redesign it from scratch... I don't know much about designing power electronics stuff (boost, inverter..) and it's techniques like flyback, push-pull,... THAT's why I am here to ask you if you can help.

Any thing that help me design the Boost and other circuitry... as well as MPPT implementation (especially software and where to take feedback signals to control the boost...)

sorry for any inconvenience caused by my post but I am more like forever alone in the project where I should fix everything all over by my self in a limited time.

THX

Status
Not open for further replies.