Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design electronic circuit based on datasheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibnu10

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
My question may look stupid but i will stay stupid if i never ask :) . I am confusing to make a electronic circuit . For example to use microcontroller , or op amp and other . I knew that datasheet provide any information about the component charasteristic . But i don`t much understand to read datasheet . I think to design electronic circuit , we have know how much current and voltage enter into ic pin and the output . We use voltage and current divider to control current and voltage value . CMIIW
For example , i will design 555 timer ic to pulse generation . Please help me explain circuit design , input required at each pin ( capacitor , resistor) and output value ( current , voltage) based on datasheet . The output value is up to you.
Thanks

Last edited:

Datasheets can give very detailed guidance when it comes to getting your design right or tuning the final output but example circuits are the most use to get an idea of how to use a chip. Most datasheets will have some application usage examples but another good starting place is search the web for examples based on your specific requirements or chip. Get an example and adapt/modify to get to where you want to be.

I think you need to learn some fundamentals about electronics first. Here's a good place to start.

As far as the 555, the data sheet shows the basic operation of the circuit and the resistors and capacitors needed to build a circuit with them. More detailed data on how to build various types of timers and oscillators with a 555 can be found at many websites such as these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back