Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a switch of 0.3GHZ~1Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

microwaveboy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to design a switch

I want to design a switch of 0.3GHz~1GHz,power handle is 8w(average).
who can tell me the schmatic?

Re: how to design a switch

It can be done with pin-diodes or I see that OMRON advertise miniature RF relays for use in cellular applications that is SM that might work. Search the OMRON site.

The relay method is the lowest power way if you use magnetic latching relays.

how to design a switch

what about the voltage you want to switch and the supply voltage

i really agree with adanshen, it depents on what the voltage you want to switch and the frequency you need,
you can do it in Digtal way or Analog way.

https://www.pedasoft.com

Here is a link of how to design a switch using a tool called EM-Supreme:

**broken link removed**

Dear Microwaveboy:

As you need to transmit 8W of power, the only reasonable way is to use a coaxial electromechanical switch. You could find PIN-diode switches but for such low frequency and power combination, I am not sure if you can get one.

Recently I tested samples of reed RF relays by Meder. Their SRF05-1A is specified only to 0.16W RF but allows to operate well above 1 GHz. Try to contact the company, they may have a higher-power model for you.

I used OMRON RF relays and can recommend their products. 8W of RF power will be again out of their specification but as they are low-cost, you can try if they survive.

For another low-cost solution, radio amateurs use simple mechanical or relay switch contacts built in a short coaxial line. They are usually matched for a narrow-band operation, so you would have to try to make one and see if you succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.