Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a padsatck in allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateskumar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guyz

I would like to know whether we can design a padstack with surface pad attached to a via(by shoting) as a single pad in cadence allegro. Manjoon could you please kindly explain the process in detail ,since in your reply you have just mentioned that it is possible to design a padstack as mentioned above

Please help me .

satish

Hi

Either in PCB editor or from PCB editor utility open pad designer.
If you are in PCB editor and you want to modify existing pad from tools menu
open pad stack editor.
In dialog box select through hole and if you need multiple vias select "enable multiple" drilling.
Use offset X or Y to move your via or hole to desired location.
Then click on Layers tab and in new dialog box select square or rectangle or oblong from "regular pad" pull down menu. Now if you click on “parameters” tab you can see via or hole is attached to pad and is placed based on offset values of X or Y.

Regards,

Manson

how i can place a pad on the bottom layer while creating the library?

binu g

If you mean by " creating the library" to creat a symbol (.dra) then there is no way to mirror your pin or pad .
But you can define your pad such that only has a size or definition on bottom layer and nul on top in edit pad stack tool.

Regards,

Majnoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back