Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a boost converter for a dc motr application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeeeee

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone currently am working on a project to design a boost regulator for an electric vehicle system. The boost converter should be able to convert a varying input voltage from 6 to 12V dc to 13.5V dc which would be used to charge the batteries during the process of regenerative braking. i made the calculation for the boost converter the specs are operating frequency being 20khz vin from 6 to 12V dc vout 13.5v dc output current 2A .

am just doing a model for the electric vehicle system the motor is a permanent magnet dc motor 12V 2A 500RPM .

i calculated the value for inductor it was 2.1mH with a output current ripple of77.6mA and the value of capacitor is 2200uF with voltage ripple of 11.64mV.

my questions are:
1. how to design the switching circuit for the mosfet ?( i planned to use the IRFZ44N mosfet )

2. how to operate the regulator in closed loop mode for varying duty cycle automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.