Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a 4-way ring combiner for array antennas feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paow

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'd like to design 4-way ring combiner for feeding of array antennas. Anyone, please give suggestion to me about these, such as books, websites or papers.

Thank a lot.

(^_^)"

Re: 4-way combiner

If you need not very broadband combiner you may also try to design 4-way Wilkinson. In Wilkinson design there is serious problem with placing isolation resistors in one plane, but I saw one paper when this problem was solved and even real layout was demonstrated. If you need this paper I can search my library for it.

Hi ....I am working with antenna array design ...its very easy to use T-power divider ....easy to build ...easy to simulate.\

Just google it : T-power divider

Regards

Thanks all,
RF-OM, I'd like to see this paper. Could you please sent it to me.
I design vivaldi array antenna for WLAN (2.45 GHz). I going to study about 4 or 6 or 8 array antennas that is suitable for my local.
Do you have an idea?

Regards,

Since you are using antennas as a load, you can get away with not having the resistors on the wilkinson circuits. It is very unlikely that this antenna system will have one element quit. All that will result with one antenna failure is the input swr will rise and your antenna pattern will shift. You should, as a safety, feature have a reflected power sensor on your transmitter that shuts it down when antenna failures occur. This sensor should also send an alarm signal to the operator box or console warning the human that a failure has occurred.

Okay. I will try to find it over the weekend and then upload for you.

I found a couple of papers regarding Wilkinson design, but did not find the paper what I mentioned earlier. I will upload these articles and try to find more.

P.S. EDAboard site showed that one of the papers already uploaded. This is the link:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back