Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design 3x3 low pass filter in matlab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.achates

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am new to MATLAB and just started learning the thing.

how to design 3x3 loww pass filter with custom coefficient ? and how to apply that filter on image ?

Some one please reply ... I am interested in learning this stuff .. if anyone have some link to understand this .. please post it here.

It will be great help to me ..

below is the question -

Create a 3×3 low-pass filter with all coefficients equal to 1/9, i.e., create a 3×3 MATLAB array with all elements equal to 1/9.

I tried to figure out , but not able to dig much in deep.

if I understand your question clearly...are you saying how to create a filter kernel 3x3 then its very simple.just follow the below Matlab commands which I have written below

Code:
matrix = ones(3,3);
weight = 1/9;
filter=matrix.*weight;
output=filter2(filter,input);

here you need to give your input signal.you can also try checking by using different co-efficient values and also by increasing the size of the filter.

Thanks sreevenkjan

I will try that code in matlab ..

input ..I have image file which I am reading it MATLAB.

Rahul

Hi Rahul

you need to use a 2D image not a 3D image(color image)...try giving different values and check how the filter affect the image.

Sreeni

Status
Not open for further replies.