Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to define 2 nets are same in spice netlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie_1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
short in spice netlist

say,
.global net1 net2

how to set net1 is same as net2 globaly?

thanks

join nets site:www.edaboard.com

I am not sure that you can do that. Maybe you can try putting a 0 volt voltages source between net1 and net2. Since you have declared net1 and net2 as globals then you should be able to put the voltage source anywhere .

spice netlist *.connect

v1 net1 net2 0v

*.connect spice netlist

thank u for ur reply.
But actually i wanna set two nets to be same in netlist such that i can run lvs. Since 1 net is defined as global signal in the netlist , then how can i define another one to be same as that one?

thanks

global in spice netlist

Hum... the lvs tool we use actually has the switch to join nets or change name of nets, both of which should work....

If not, we've used a small value metal resistor to short two nodes with different names together. You need to do this in both layout & netlist. This "should" work on globals as well....

Good luck.

spice short two nets

you can added:
.connect net1 net2

this is hspice option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back