Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a DLL using VS 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil880089

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Can anyone please help me to create a DLL using VS 2008.
I want to create a DLL using Visual Studio 2008 and i want to use that DLL in Lab view.

Please anyone help me.

Thank you,
Sunil

I guess you mean Dynamic Link Library, Visual Studio 2008 is a package of programming languages and developers tools by Microsoft. You create DLL files with programming languages like C#,C++,C,etc .DLL are library files having useful functions, which can be dynamically loaded at runtime by your application and those functions inside the DLL are called by your application. Now in windows these days we have two types of DLL native and managed code. Native are those which directly communicate with the operating system but the managed ones will communicate with some runtime like .net. Normally managed DLLs are not used to commutate with other applications unless the application is too a managed application. In Visual Studio 2008 we use C/C++ to create this kind of native DLL, so you have to tell us how much you know about programming and what exactly you want to do.

Good Luck

I guess you mean Dynamic Link Library, Visual Studio 2008 is a package of programming languages and developers tools by Microsoft. You create DLL files with programming languages like C#,C++,C,etc .DLL are library files having useful functions, which can be dynamically loaded at runtime by your application and those functions inside the DLL are called by your application. Now in windows these days we have two types of DLL native and managed code. Native are those which directly communicate with the operating system but the managed ones will communicate with some runtime like .net. Normally managed DLLs are not used to commutate with other applications unless the application is too a managed application. In Visual Studio 2008 we use C/C++ to create this kind of native DLL, so you have to tell us how much you know about programming and what exactly you want to do.

Good Luck

Hi Debjit Roy,

Thanks for your Reply.

I want to create a DLL file in Visual Studio 2008. and
i want to use this DLL in lab view.

which language i can use to create DLL.(VB,C++ or C#)
So please help me .

Thank you
Sunil

I want to create a DLL file in Visual Studio 2008. and
i want to use this DLL in lab view.
Make it more clear,it doesnt make much sence...

LabVIEW offers library functions that can be used in applications developed by Visual Studio 2008 both managed .Net (like C#)and native like C/C++

Good Luck

Make it more clear,it doesnt make much sence...

LabVIEW offers library functions that can be used in applications developed by Visual Studio 2008 both managed .Net (like C#)and native like C/C++

Good Luck

Hi Debjit Roy,

Thanks for your Reply.

I want to create a lab view which can be run on mini2440.
For the Lab view Application i want to use dll. which includes some basic functions.
so which programming language i have to use to create dll.

please help ..

thank you ...
sunil

I don't use LabVIEW as its a visual programming language (not much useful for me) just tested couple of times ,and I am not sure if you will be able to communicate with LabView with code written by other programs ,what I am sure is LabView provides some library (classes) named Measurement Studio for .Net which can be accessed by any .Net based program like if you are programming in C# (C sharp is a .net based programming language),or if you program in C you can use LabWindows these are also classes used in native language like C/C++.

And about creating DLL files ,which is an entirely different topic, like when I create native DLLs which can used in any application running under windows I use C/C++, if the library is targeted for .net application and using managed code I use C#.

You can also write .net based application (DLLs) in VB.net or C++.net but they will be managed code and will be using .net libraries

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back